FIRST Tech Challenge
FTC is designed for those who want to compete head to head, using a sports model. Teams of up to 15 students are responsible for designing, building, and programming their robots to compete in an alliance format against other teams. The robot kit is reusable from year-to-year and is programmed using Java for Android Studio or Java-based MIT App Inventor. Teams, including coaches, mentors, and volunteers, are required to develop strategies and build robots based on sound engineering principles. Awards are given for robot performance as for well as for community outreach, design, and other real-world accomplishments.
- Design, build, and program robots
- Apply real-world math and science concepts
- Develop problem-solving, organizational, and team-building skills
- Compete and cooperate in alliances and tournaments
- Possibly earn a place at the World Championship
- Qualify for over $26 million in college scholarships
On this website, you will find all the information you need about FTC in Illinois, including team information, how to participate, and details about the Illinois FTC tournaments held throughout the state.
2017-18 IL State Championship
|Winner:||12682||The Golden Ratio|
|Captain:||10091||N.Y.A.N. Robotics - Not Your Average Nerds|
|2nd pick:||7129||Robo Raiders|
2018 Rover Ruckus registration is now open!