FTC Team Updates
Urgent / Upcoming (as of 01/18)
- Jan 18-24 - All State League Remote Meet 3
- Jan 30 - Announce league and league tournament assignments
- Jan 30 - Announce decision regarding State Championship
- Feb 08-14 - All State League Remote Meet 4
- Feb 20 - Dean's List Interview Day
- Feb 21-Feb 27 League Tournaments Remote Events group 1
- Feb 28-Mar 06 League Tournaments Remote Events group 2
- March/April TBD - State Championship (TBD on 1/30/21)
- Tentative remote dates - 3/21 - 3/27
- Tentative live date - 4/9 - 4/10
Leagues/Competitions for 2020-2021
- All Illinois teams will be placed in the same "All State League"
- All meets will be remote events and self-scored
- League Tournaments (aka League Championships, League Qualifiers)
- All participating teams will be divided geographically into sub-leagues of 20-28 teams each.
- Each sub-league will have its own League Tournament
- Approximately 25% of the teams will advance to the State Championship
- All Illinois League Tournaments will be Remote Events.
- Tournaments will occur during one of two windows: 2/21-27, or 2/28-3/6. Teams will be assigned on 1/30/21 to one of the slots based on geography
- Rules for the Tournaments are established in Game Manual 1 Remote Events, and Game Manual 2 Remote Events.
- Timing of the events will be as follows:
- The event windows run Sunday – Saturday
- There will be videos to watch at the beginning of the week. This will include a driver meeting and opening ceremony. Teams will be told what to expect and how to proceed.
- Teams will upload their Engineering Portfolio to the Remote Event Hub by Tuesday PM.
- Teams will enter the tournament ranked according to their 10 best results from the 4 league meets.
- Teams will submit 6 additional robot scores during the week via FTC-Scoring to determine the final ranking.
- Teams may be asked to submit their Engineering Notebook to the Remote Event Hub.
- Each team will be scheduled in two remote judging sessions on the second Saturday (timing TBD).
- On the final day, there will be a live closing ceremony to announce the winners of both the robot performance and the judged awards.
- Teams will be added to the new FIRST Remote Event Hub. The Remote Event Hub manages the submission of documents, coordination of remote judging interviews, and ceremonies.
- Dean’s List Submissions
- Season pins
- Each team may order 1 pin for each team member and each coach/mentor. Ultimate Goal Season Game Pins Order Form
- Requests will be cross-checked with your Illinois Consent Form #'s.
- Consent forms must be submitted electronically
- Pins will be mailed by February.
- State Championship
- In January, we will determine if the State Championship will be in-person or remote
- All Judging is likely to be conducted remotely
- See tentative dates under "Important Dates"
- List of Illinois teams
Remote Event Information
All teams will self-score on a half field as defined in the Remote event game manuals. For more information, see:
Illinois FTC Social Media