FIRST® LEGO® League
Welcome to FIRST® LEGO® League
FIRST® LEGO® League teams design, build and program an autonomous robot using LEGO MINDSTORMS technology AND create innovative solutions to problems facing today’s scientists while embracing our Core Values. Elementary and middle-school students get to:
- Design, build, test and program robots using LEGO MINDSTORMS® technology
- Apply real-world math and science concepts
- Research challenges facing today’s scientists
- Learn critical thinking, team-building and presentation skills
- Participate in tournaments and celebrations.
2017-18 Hydrodynamics Award Winners are available HERE
2018-2019 – Into Orbit
Illinois is participating in a pilot program in 2018-2019 which allows for use of software other than MINDSTORMS EV3, NXT, or RCX to program robots for FIRST LEGO League tournaments. Click HERE for more inforamaion.
Illinois State registation is now OPEN!
National registrations are now open for the Into Orbit season at this link: Register a Team
Qualifers are held in November and December in various locations throughout the state.
Click Here for the list of upcoming qualifiying tournaments
Qualifying Team Tournament Assignments will be posted HERE (Coming Soon)
There are three FLL Illinois Championship tournaments:
Click Here for Championship Tournament information for the current season